Dying with Dignity ACT is a non-profit group of volunteers committed to law reform that would enable our citizens to have assistance to die. We:
- lobby federal and local bodies.
- recommend to local politicians the legislative changes that we think are needed in the ACT in relation to assisted dying.
- communicate with DWD and VES organizations around Australia
- engage with The World Federation Right to Die Societies as an active member
- attend national and international conferences.
- inform ourselves about legislation on assisted dying in other countries.
- organize forums with local and national speakers of note.
- run general meetings with speakers each year on a range of matters including organ donation, respecting patients’ choices, statistics on polls held on the issue of voluntary euthanasia and enduring power of attorney, dementia and the law.
- update our members regularly about meetings, the latest publications, ideas, events and other issues through our website, Bulletins, letters and email.
We welcome new members. Our membership is important to us because we can lobby more effectively if our numbers are high.
General meetings in 2019 are to be held at 2:00pm on:
- Thursday 11 April, Annual General Meeting at Grant Cameron Community Centre (Holder);
- Thursday 24 October, Public Meeting – Details/Venue TBA
Committee meetings in 2019 are to be held at 2:00pm at the Grant Cameron Community Centre (Holder) on:
- Thursday 24 January
- Thursday 7 March
- Thursday 4 April
- Thursday 23 May
- Thursday 4 July
- Thursday 22 August
- Wednesday 9 October
- Thursday 28 November
Members are welcome to attend any Committee meeting, but please call us first on 51040920 (leave a message) to check that the date has not changed.
Usual Meeting Location:
The Grant Cameron Community Centre in the Ground floor Meeting rooms, 27 Mulley St, Holder, ACT